This program will enable the patient to be discharged from the hospital, receive IV antibiotic therapy at home and prevent unnecessary admissions to skilled nursing facilities.
Home IV Antibiotics & Hydration Therapy
Custom Home Health is able to accept Medicare patients to administer IV therapy in the home setting following Medicare guidelines.
- The patient will be managed by our Hi-Tech nursing team
- Custom will work with the infusion therapy company in the coordination of services to ensure proper, scheduled delivery of the IV medication(s) and supplies.
- Custom will follow scheduled IV medication administration as ordered by MD.
- Provide IV site care; IV Therapy program implementation
- Assess needles, supplies, site for contamination
- Teach patient/caregiver proper universal precautions and hand washing procedures, S/S of infiltration, flushes of heparin and normal saline, site care/dressing changes, proper IV treatment administration; and who to call for question/concerns.
- Obtain blood for specific lab tests as ordered by MD.
- Multiple medication teaching, including route, schedule, functions, and possible side effects.
- Assess the patient’s response to treatment and/or intervention.
List of Common IV Treatments
- Hydration Therapy
- 22 Jul 2014