Our Fall Prevention Program reduces the frequency of patient falls and subsequent hospital readmission for injury. This is accomplished through patient/caregiver education regarding home safety, environmental modification, medication management/assessment and therapy for balance and strengthening.
Fall Prevention features:
- All patients are screened for their risk of falling, utilizing specific evidence-based tools
- Home assessment for environmental modifications and equipment
- Medication assessment and monitoring
- Interventions based on screening findings
- General education and home safety instruction
- Referral to physical / occupational therapist for further evaluation and specific intervention
- Patient/ caregiver educational materials for continual reinforcement
- Referral to community resources for home modifications when needed
- Interdisciplinary collaboration (nurse, physical therapist, occupational therapist, social worker) for enhanced patient outcomes
The CareLink® service provides you with access to assistance 24/7, allowing you to remain safe and independent in the comfort of your own home. Knowledgeable, caring staff will offer you assistance at the simple touch of a button on both wire and wireless devices. This level of service provides peace of mind to you and your family and/or caregiver.
- 22 Jul 2014